- Mid or Senior level
- Permanent full time / part time, consider contract to permanent
- Immediate start and competitive salary + benefits
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide (main office Melbourne CBD)
- Very occasional travel to Melbourne and Sydney as required
A Day in the Life
Orchestrated is a young and growing company with an exciting future and empowered collaborative culture.
This Senior Software Engineer role is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team
who has built a class-leading application enabling organisations, and their teams, to transform.
You will be working in a supportive, friendly and diverse team of highly-skilled individuals leading using
modern secure software engineering practices and technology stacks. You will work with all areas of the
business, in support of our application and customers who consume it.
You will be a driven and energetic individual who loves to build strong relationships and contribute toward
team culture. We know that technology and methods constantly evolve; we will support you in staying at
the leading edge of these practices.
We seek your expertise to:
- Guide and lead by example as a multidisciplinary software engineer within a cross-functional team
- Lead meaningful design-thinking around system architecture, development, operation and security.
Research available technology choices and make informed decisions
- Implement and maintain clear, elegant, robust code, exemplifying the standards to which other
peers should aspire to
- Take ownership for solving problems
- Continuously collaborate (exchange ideas, pair program, whiteboard...) with your peers
- Support product development and apply technology pragmatically including testing of hypotheses
Key to being Successful
You’ll likely do well with:
- Proven track record of working as a full-stack engineer in fast-paced agile teams with deep
experience participating in rapid development and continuous deployment
- Experience solving complex problems involving complex algorithms and data structures, high
volume transaction processing, caching, security
- Demonstrated role in making and implementing critical architectural choices that balance technical
design with business objectives
- Beneficial to have experience with GraphQL, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, RDS
- Proven track record of high quality, concise, testable, performant and secure code
- Good familiarity with AWS cloud technologies, security and infrastructure-as-code frameworks like
Terraform (AWS certification would be a bonus)
- Having a history of contributing to the community (e.g. through conferences, meet-ups or
- Ability to identify and challenge the status quo with people, processes and technology, and
sensitively support change whilst continuing to deliver value to our customer
- Excellent communication skills in technical and business situations. Calm under pressure. Humble,
- Contributor to the professional development of colleagues through sharing knowledge, teaching,
and learning from others.
- Collaborate to continuously deliver customer value
- Passionate about all things ‘team’
- Continually learn and share your learnings
- Work without blame and challenge the status quo
- Choose face-time first